Geocon Site Investigations Engineering Geologists
We provide site investigation, ground investigation, geotechnical consultancy, environmental consultancy and geothermal services across the UK and have an extensive experience working in over 90% of UK geology and ground conditions. As Engineering Geologists we provide the above services both as single services and as part of a full complete service, and try to offer a one stop shop to our clients. GeoCon Site Investigations Ltd are specialist site investigation consultants and contractors and our services include Environmental Consultancy (GeoEnvironmental), Geotechnical Consultancy and Geothermal consultancy.
We specialise in Ground Engineering and Engineering Geology within the construction industry and focus on site investigation of Brownfield (potentially contaminated land) and Greenfield land, for all Environmental and Geotechnical projects. GeoCon Site Investigations head office is located in South Manchester, and we have a further five regional offices located in London East, London West, Birmingham, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, and Cardiff .
We undertake all work in accordance with BS10175: 2001 Code of Practice for the Investigation of Potentially Contaminated Sites and Eurocode 7. All subsurface materials are described in accordance with BS5930 and Euro Code EN ISO 14688 & EN ISO 14689.
- All drillers used on our site investigations are BDA (British Drilling Association) accredited.
- All staff hold a CSCS card and GeoCon holds a platinum CSCS status.
- All chemical laboratories used have the relevant MCERTS and are UCAS accredited.
- All geotechnical testing is carried out in accordance with BS1377 and ISRM methodology, and our laboratories are UKAS accredited.
- Results of any chemical analysis are screened against relevant guideline values (GV’s), such as the Environment Agency Soil Guideline Values (SGV’s), the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) General Acceptance Criteria (GAC’s), and in house Site Specific Acceptance Criteria (SSAC) for soils, and current UK DWS (Drinking Water Standards) and EQS (Environmental Quality Standards) for controlled waters.
- All environmental monitoring is carried out in accordance with CIRIA 665, and BS ISO 5667-17 2008.
- Advice on Concrete design is given in accordance with BRE Special Digest 1. Concrete in aggressive ground.
- Soak-aways are designed in accordance with BRE Digest 365.